Sunday, November 19, 2006

Satohi

After foreshadowing her race, I think it is encumbent on me to give a quick update on Satohi's run in Tokyo Women's Marathon. The forecast for today was 14 degrees and cloudy. Perfect. Unfortunately it deteriorated and was lucky to have been 5 degrees and constant light rain. Miserable. Unfortunately Satohi was badly affected by the harsh weather and had to pull out at about 28 km. She was devastated afterwards, but bounced back and put on a brave face when a large group of us went out for churrasco (Brazilian BBQ) later. We did have a good night and I hope it helped her get over her disappointment and start looking towards her next goals.  If you have a word of encouragement for her, please give her a cheerio over at her place.

Our other three runners went well, and Mika T., she of the poor neglected blog, managed to shave over a minute off her PB. Congratulations Mika and also Yoshiko (3:14:xx) and Mika K. (3:34:xx). otsukaresamadeshita!

2 comments:

mika t. said...

Steve, thank you so much for coming to support us. Namban support was a great help for me to keep going under the harsh weather. Now, it's your turn. I belieave you will have a great race. BTW, I updated my blog. :-)

Clairie said...

Hi Stephen,

Can you settle an arguement I am having with myself.

Is it Steve or Stephen or Stephanie or ????? I know it is a cause of concern when people don't get it right...

Anyhow back to running. I comented on Satohi's blog. Damn shame about the weather. Tell her to move to Brisbane - that just wouldn't happen over here :)

So how are you feeling this week?