Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Counting down now

There isn't much left for me to do now except eat, drink, and ...pack my bags for Ohtawara. The merry-making, though, will have to wait until after the race.

I just went out at lunch time to a lovely sunny 18 degrees. Ran gently over to Gosho and then once around the 3.3 km loop at a fairly brisk average pace of 4:12/km. It got my heart started I suppose, especially the hills, but not much more. I guess that's all that should happen at this stage. I'd love to slip onto a running track tonight and just do a bit more stretching out. But too much work to do. Maybe tomorrow evening. But if not, it doesn't really matter.

What a bugger we didn't have this weather on Sunday!! Interestingly we are forecast to have another day of this loveliness and then Thursday is forecast to be cold and "light rain late"...which is exactly what the forecast was for last Sunday a couple days out. It might be a week for cold, wet marathons.

1 comment:

Samurai Running said...

Yes, looks like rain. But shouldn't be as bad as last Sunday.
Anyway, the people who you help out will be pulling for you and there is still a good chance that the wind will be behind you and the rain will hold off for a couple of hours. That's all you may need as you're pretty bloody fast.

Have a look at the song posted on my blog it should put you in a sunny mood.

Run hard Stephen.