Monday, November 06, 2006

Easy recovery

I worked at home today so took the opportunity to slip out in the afternoon for an easy 5k in 27:16 (5:27/km) at an average heart rate of 121 (65%). It was a bit clunky getting going, but my legs thanked me for it later.

Rest assured, Clairie, the taper has started. Actually, it started last week as I only ran 94 km. It's just a lot higher proportion of them were at a hard pace than in previous weeks.

This week the plan is for the hard days to be hard and the easy days to be easy. But all in all, it will add up to the first real week of taper.

2 comments:

Clairie said...

94km does not make a taper Stephen!!!

Get it down to 70 and I might start believing you.

Nice to see you can do an easy 5km and leave it at that. You may just get through this taper thing after all....

Tesso said...

5:27 pace seems so slow for you. I'm surprise you heart was even beating ;-)