Friday, March 17, 2006

Two I wasn't expecting

Well, two posts ago, I said I would have to miss my Thursday run and maybe also Friday. It was 10:30 PM, I was still at my desk, I was feeling frazzled, and it was pissing rain outside. I did have my gear to run home, but I gave it up as a bad joke. Too late, too tired, too wet. Then I headed outdoors with a flimsy little fold-up umbrella. The wind was quite strong making the umbrella next to useless, and the temperature was quite mild. So I did a quick re-think and went back inside, changed and ran out into the squalls. It was a pretty wild and woolly run, but definitely cleaned out the cobwebs. Having done that meant I was in a position to run back to work this morning. It was nearly one o'clock before I got to bed, so it took a little bit longer than normal to get going. Still, I was at my desk by 9:30, and with coffee, email and blogging duties out of the way, I can now start work at 10:00. And bugger it, there really is still a lot to do before that evening deadline...

No comments: