Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A bit of a chore

Well, I seem to have cursed myself by mentioning the other day that the leg wasn't too bad.When I left work last night it didn't feel great. I didn't have quite enough sleep last night and then found it very difficult to rise to the 5:15 alarm. After a bit of an internal battle I got out the door at 5:30 and upon starting to run felt very ordinary. The leg was really tender, especially right up in the upper inner thigh, almost the groin, but it is not quite like a groin pull. I still think it is some kind of sciatica. Then my stomach wasn't too good either, and as soon as I got to the park I had to back the Mack into a porcelain unloading dock and make a delivery. The leg warmed up enough to not feel real painful, but still tight and restricting my pace to a best of around 4:45/km. All up I ran just a tad under 12 km at an average of 5:04/km. It's not a particularly attractive set of numbers, but if I treat this easy Tuesday run as something of a recovery and loosneer for the week, then it is not too bad. Sitting here at after 11:00 tonight though, the leg still isn't too good. Maybe I need to back right off for a couple of months...

On the other hand...I take delivery of the Polar RS200sd tomorrow night. たのしみです!

4 comments:

2P said...

You will be too interested in your new toy to worry about your leg.

BTW i would be very happy with that set of numbers :-)

Hope it loosens up for you Steve.

Katie said...

Look after your leg!!! Thanks for the comment on my blog :-)

Clairie said...

OOH OOOH OOH tell us about the Polar!!!!

Hope the leg sorts itself out. If not just chop it off. I've seen some pretty fast one legged blokes do marathons at the Gold Coast!!

Jokes aside...just remember that the recovery runs should be just that - easy pace. Leave the watch at home and just go by how you feel for as long as you feel or on a course where you know the distance.

Tesso said...

Oh no, hope its just a dumb old niggle that will be gone when you wake up. Its good though that both the tum and the leg played up on the same day, it'd be a shame to interupt a great run with a spell on the loo.

So what neat tricks does this Polar thingy do?