Friday, March 03, 2006

Morning 14 k and weird 4 k tonight

Woke up and got out for a really good upper aerobic workout this morning. Just on 14 km in 1 hour and 3 minutes. I then had the day off work to attend to a few things.

In the evening I was kicking back with a beer and a few peanuts before dinner. The younger two boys were out at work in the salt mine and number one (Tatsuya) was at the gym. Then the door bell rang and it was this 14 y.o. refugee kid from Congo who we have helped out a little bit to get into Tatsuya's after-school school. Turns out he has arranged to go to the gym with Tatsuya, but this kid has turned up an hour late. The gym is located a couple of km away and is a bit awkward to get to by public transport, and he's never been there anyway. So in the end, feeling sorry for him, I said he can rid my bike and I'd run. Good plan until we find that one of the kids has got my bike. I should have said bad luck at that stage, but asked him if he was alright to run. He said he was, so off we went. Turned out we missed Tatsuya and his friend's by a few minutes...grrrr...had to turn around and run back again. I really didn't mind the run except the kid was, well, a kid, and not much of a runner either. So it was a little slow and the further we went the more it became stop-start. "Come on kid, run!" I was saying to myself. I'm not much of a gentle, nurturing empathetic type. Anyway, it adds a another 5 km or so to the weekly repository.

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Gees, you're sneaking in those kms any way you can now ;-)

Katie said...

You sound as nurturing as me!! I probably would have left him for dust! Maby slowed and checked he was ok ;-)