Sunday, March 05, 2006

Three Weekend Runs

Sat: 11.5; Today: 20;  Week: 80; Month: 61; YTD: 579

I'm not sure if I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I brewed with my friend Bryan, at his place (his office actually). I think it was the day before the Ome marathon. A nice dark amber lager that would have been a German Alt if we had the right yeast (German ale yeast), but had to make it into a lager 'cos that was the yeast we had on hand.  Anyway, yesterday I had to go over there to rack (transfer) the beer to a keg. I wanted to run first, but ultimately ran out of time so decided to run over. That was about 5 km, and I was there for a couple of hours. Unfortunately we ended up with a liter of the beer that wouldn't fit into the keg, so not wanting to waste it we had to drink it, didn't we. Pretty nice too, if still a little sweet. Then I ran back. Nice and loose run that was. I also detoured via my favourite hill and did a few repeats.

Today was a beautiful clear sunny day. Still quite chilly, but not uncomfortably so. There was a reasonably small turn out with myself, gareth, Rob, Vinnie, Taeko and, after the start, Chiba-san. We set off and basically just ran a fairly easy evenly paced 20 km (5:22/k).

So that got me to 80 km for the week. Definitely better than last week and a few good runs in the mix. The left leg/hip/lower back are not giving me too much grief. I guess my back is the most annoying, while the leg is improving little by little. Need to keep the distances up over the next few weeks in preparation for the 30-km Ome mountain run on the 2nd April (entered that a couple of days ago).

2 comments:

2P said...

Good to see the 80k for the week come up Steve - I was getting worried on your behalf when my totals started coming close to yours!

:-)

Tesso said...

Wow, running hill reps after drinking beer. I think that earns you the title of Team J Athlete of the Week!