Thursday, March 02, 2006

Statistically challenged run

Friends have been extolling the virtues of running watchless [shudder] every now and then. Well, last night in the park I did wear my heart rate monitor, not the new one just yet, tap..tap..tap, but the oldie. And I did use it, but stuffed up the data recording late in teh run. So this is a report of approximates. Approximately 10 km in approximately an hour.

But, it was not approximately raining, it was puhssing down. The Namban throng set off from the sento 14 strong. A 14-strong throng you might say. The ratio of men to women on this cold wet night was precisely 14:0 - that's zero, zip, nada women!  However, the hardy and dependable (just always late) Mika, did rip out the IV tubes, sign herself out of hospital, and came and ran a lonely 4:30/km pace run by herself.

I joined the hill group again. I pulled up a little sore after the hill w/out last week, so that told me two things. One, it has been a while since I did hills, so I should do them again, and two, that I shouldn't run the uphills quite so hard. So this week I ran up the hill in about 45-46 seconds compared to 42-43 seconds last week. Felt like  better workout too.

We also topped and tailed with some aerobic distance, but erk, with the rain we cut the tail off fairly short. The hot bath and cold Yona Yona were good.

And my eldest son passed his high school entrance exam... YEEAAAHHHH!! Big cheers all around in our house and the dark cloud has shifted.

4 comments:

Clairie said...

Excellent news on your boys results. You must be over the moon.

Even though you say 10km in one hour, it still sounds like one hell of a workout. Makes the yona yona taste all the better at the end :)

Tesso said...

Sure it wasn't just 1k ;-)

Oh, and its puhssing down here as well!

Katie said...

Yeah for mini Steve!!! What a relief :-) I know what you mean about the hills!

2P said...

Good news re number 1 son!

Hill training - makes it hard fo rme to type... I get a bit excited :-)

LOL re my chin.... no its just an old saying of mine because no matter how hard I train my chin always feels fine - so when things are grim I like to focus on the positive and I can always rely on the old chin ie if it hurts I must be in real trouble (or just a bit lippy for my own good) :-)