Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Tuesday Lower Aerobic

Run type: Lower aerobic
Distance: 18.35 km
Average pace: 4:40/km
Heart rate: dunno!
Weather: Cloudy, cool (17), and humid.

After only a short recovery run on Sunday and complete rest yesterday (except for standing around at the Yumemai Marathon), I headed out for a solid lower aerobic run. With the heart rate watch having left this mortal coil, I had to judge pace by perceived effort. As with last Thursday's hard effort I was generally successful. I wanted to get close to 4:30/km pace for as long as possible. The pace from home to the park was about 5:00/km, then once in the park upped to low 4:20s downhill and high 4:20s uphill. Much the same as when I was running with the HRM at HR140.

I was scheduled for a full medical later in the morning and was not allowed to eat until after the checkup, so I decided to try and err on the side of slower rather than faster. I felt some minor twinges in that upper left hamstring area again later in the run, but they felt slightly different to last week. I have a sense that the point of aggravation has healed a lot and this was just some residual tenderness. The danger now is not re-aggravating it as I try to get in a few quality runs over the next week or two.

No comments: