Thursday, October 13, 2005

Thursday Easy

Run type: Lower aerobic
Distance: 18.35 km (to and from Komazawa Park and five laps)
Average pace: 4:30/km
Heart rate: dunno!
Weather: Fine and cool (16)
Sleep: six hours

The word "easy" in the post title is a bit tongue in cheek. It was supposed to be an easy run following from yesterday's tempo. But to be honest, apart from tiredness from inadequate sleep, I felt pretty good. I fully intended to go slow (but went for 4:30/k or better for most of the run) and intended to run a bit shorter (but ran into Horst and ran an extra lap with him). Running into Horst was helpful because it slowed me down from running 4:20/k to 4:25-4:30/k.

There is this maxim about going very hard on the hard days and very easy on the easy days. But somehow I wonder if that applies with this cardiac approach. It seems that this aproach results in running easy days harder and hard days easier!? Or am I not going hard (or long) enough on the hard days?

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Awesome banner Steve!!!

Stephen Lacey said...

Thanks Tesso.

Yep, I like it too. Hannah is something isn't she!

It makes the rest of the design look a bit ordinary, so changing templates is now my latest project...when I have time.