Friday, October 14, 2005

Fuzzy Friday

Run type: Intervals
Distance: 16.5 km (to and from Komazawa Park and five laps)
Average pace: 4:41/km
Heart rate: dunno!
Weather: Fine and cool (17)
Sleep: five hours

Not enough sleep, cumulative tiredness from the week, and pressed up hard against a big decision in my personal life made me want to just stay in bed this morning. I was tired; my head was spinning from the decision that has to be made; I was also going to be having a phone interview with someone in Australia at 8:00...what to do?

I stumbled out and got on the road at 5:30. But really there is not much to say except that it was a very slow run apart from three 1600-m intervals in the park, which were, by contrast, quite fast at 5:59, 5:53, and 5:51. The effort was very hard, and is basically the first time I've run that hard or that fast in many months. I quite deliberately decided to go for it like that and cut down the number of reps.

So when I put the foot down, the body responded, but at easier pace, I couldn't really get much beyond a jog. So I just accepted it for what it was, not a great run, not a nothing run -- I suppose you would have to call it a something run. The interview went OK, but not well enough to save me from making the big decision to whether to buy an apartment here or not...

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yeah you for getting out of bed! I am heading to Japan in 2 weeks... maby we could catch up for a run while I am in Tokyo.

Stephen Lacey said...

GG, I do know what you mean. I guess that is why I called it a something run.

Kit, looking forward to seeing you in Tokyo. Maybe you can join us at Namban Rengo for a run on either a Sunday or a Wednesday.