Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Rats!

Run type: Lower aerobic
Distance: 16.2 km (to and from Komazawa Park and four laps)
Average pace: 4:33/km
Heart rate: dunno!
Weather: Raining & 17C
Sleep: 6-1/2 hours

Well, the niggle in my rear left thigh is finally starting to really worry me. I ran unimpeded, but the soreness was there the whole time, and it sort of spreads to the inner thigh/groin area and hip after I've been running a while. It seems too deep and spreading to be a muscle tear, so it makes me suspect inflammation of some type -- tendons or muscle sheath or something like that. Anyway, an RSI. It even felt kind of hot after I finished running tday, which is something it has not done before. So now I have the dilemma of whether to press on and hope that it will come good during the taper, or to back off and hit the anti-inflammatories for four or five days. The worry with the second approach is that even after four or five days, it might feel OK, but as soon as I throw another 20 km run at it I'll be back to where I am now.

1 comment:

2P said...

I had a similar problem a little while ago and on a routine trip to the chiropractor discovered my hips were out of alignment one adjustment and the pain went away - I could scarcely believe it.

Might be something completely different with you but maybe worth a check?

Good luck with it.