Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The man on the brochure


I have been meaning for some time to get this uploaded.

Last year I ran the Ohtawara Marathon in Tochigi, finally achieving my goal of breaking 3 hours. This is also going to be my next marathon. Through a stroke of luck, this year's brochure included a photo taken near the start of the race that included my ugly head. I just got around to getting it scanned. I plan to get loyal colleague Kitagawa-san to take a slice of it and help me make a banner for the blog.

See if you can make me out in the top photo. The added arrows should make it easier. The blue and yellow of the Cool Running cap might also help some of my readers.

Check out the guy in the chicken suit at lower left. He ran not much slower than 3 hours and I was having a time passing him at one stage. He turns up dressed like that at quite a few races apparently.

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Cool! Even with my dodgey eyesight I managed to find you ... and the chicken :-)

Stephen Lacey said...

Cheers Tesso. That chook is a beauty isn't he!

GG, I dunno what's next, apart from running this marathon anyway. Thanks for the ofer of help with the banner. I have a chopped out the blank, but trying to work out what to put on it for finishing touches. I have put in a request for suggestions from Hannah the banner girl. Do you have any ideas?

Stephen Lacey said...

Hannah came through with a beauty. Kitagawa-san got the blank, but then the real artist went to work on it!