Thursday, February 23, 2006

Wed Evening = Hill Repeats!?

Last night was the www (Wednesday weekly workout) with Namban, still in Yoyogi Park due to track renovations. Mika was absent with a cold and there were no others initiating a pace run, so it was either do one by myself or take one of the other options: the Gareth hill workout or the Bob-led (not bobsled)  6 x 1000-m repeats. Went with the hills because its bin a while since I have done any, and Big Mountain (Ohyama Tozan) looms large. The format was pretty simple: two lots of lower aerobic running bookending 11 x repeats of a 160 m hill. Rounded off to 12 km in an hour.


The poor old Polar S410 I inherited from Pete is just too unreliable these days. Apart from giving funny readings when I am by myself, I have found it goes ballistic if other heart rate monitors come within earshot. I was surrounded by two or three last night and it was just about crapping itself...it thought I was running at 150% of HRmax!  So, I have ordered a Polar RS200sd from the States. With any luck it will be here in ten days or so. Needless to say I'm a bit excited.
Maybe I'll be able to use it to get an updated HRmax reading during the Ohyama race.

2 comments:

2P said...

The way things are going you will get your new toy before my Garmin 305 that I ordered weeks ago turns up!

Hill repeats - I like it :-)

Tesso said...

Ohyama Tozan sounds like fun! I love the write-up, especially the 'collapse' bit :-) Though it makes our Mt Coot-tha look wussy. Gonna have to find a bigger mountain.