Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Back to Earth with a thud...

Thanks for all the nice comments on the run. I haven't run since the race. I rested Monday and was planning a recovery run Tuesday. But then I came down with a lurgy on Monday night and still feel a bit blurrgh...head cold and a few aches and pains I wouldn't put down to the run. I might run lightly tonight. A couple of my friends are planning a Beer Mile practice. Sadly I will probably have to sit it out.

Clairie, sorry, I even made a typo in that word; it should be ganbatte (no "a" between "n" and "b"). It means "do your best" or "fight" or "go hard, my son"... it is a good word. Japanese has lots of good words. I only wish I knew a lot more of them and then I might actually be able to speak the language!

2 comments:

2P said...

Thought I felt a tremor down here ;-)

Tesso said...

Hey, lets 'ganbatte' the Team J warcry!!!

So does this mean you are sitting out the Beer Mile practice or the Beer Mile itself?