Sunday, February 26, 2006

A bit down...

Feeling a bit lacking in motivation. I got out for 14 km yesterday (Sat) morning at steady aerobic pace before heading off for a business day trip to Nagoya. Then this morning we had the annual meeting for all the residence owners of our apartment building. I was planning to run after that, but its raining and cold out there, and I have some work to do, nd, well, I'm not really in the mood. But the nagging thought is that I only have a patheic 36 km up for the week and I only have to run 14 to get it to a more respectable 50...how anal and number-obsessed is that? I know 36 is not really pathetic, especially in a week following the 30 km race, but I still can't help feeling that it is a bit sad and slack. Hmm...maybe I'll work now for an hour or two, and then go...

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Ha ha, I'm sitting here thinking something very similar. I just need 6k to get me to 100 for the week.

Just do it! Me, I might just go watch TV ;-)

2P said...

LOL Steve - coming from someone who just managed a pathetic 35k heading into his most important race on the calendar I know exactly how you feel - maybe moreso ;-)

Clairie said...

Well said Steve - obviously echoing a lot of our thoughts.

I am anal about the numbers as well and when I borrowed Tess's garmin could not stop until it was a solid even number - even if that meant I ran past where I started (negative splitting) and then had to walk/jog back home....

Typical bloody runners.

Katie said...

Hahaha... join the team- oh you already have ! It is definately a team J thing!! You will get your spark back... I had a blah week a few weeks ago- just get out there and you soon feel better!

I liked your post about our current stupid, ignorant and dangerous politicians!!!