Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Recovery jogs should be slow AND short

Went out for a recovery run this morning. For some reason I decided to do the old Kannana-R246 loop that I used to run a long time ago...before I got onto the lurk of running up to Komazawa Park. The legs were not very impressed to be taken out again so soon. "Steady boys, it's just a little recovery run, it'll do you good." Unfortunately that loop is 10.9 km and I did not stop to ask myself whether that might not be a bit too far this soon after the 30km run. I ran around 5:20 pace consistently throughout. The legs bitched and moaned the whole way, but eventually I got them back home and they were mighty pleased to be there. Anyway, note to self: if it is truly a recovery run, cut the distance as well as the pace, you moron!

3 comments:

Tesso said...

And don't take the watch!

2P said...

Hmmm might be a tad guilty of that myself....

Clairie said...

mmm me too!

We all need more reminders to run our recovery runs so thanks for this one.