Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Wed AM Semi Long

Run type: Hard aerobic
Distance: 18.35 km
Average pace: 4:24 min/km


Well, I have to put a bit more effort into my work, so from today, no more Wednesday night training until further notice. So this morning I needed to do something similar to what I have previously been doing on Wednesday nights.

Woke before 5 and got dressed while lying in bed (the futon). Heart rate monitor, watch, tape over nipples, running shorts and top on, all before getting out of bed.

Guts still not 100%. Had some sports drink befoe heading out the door.

Tried to get stuck into it early on and had the heart rate up towards 140 by about 8 minutes into the run. Got to the park and started putting in and was soon doing under 4:10 pace but still with a heart rate of only 147 or so. Into the second and third laps the heart rate was about 150 or up to 155 right at the top of the uphill section. On the last lap I met the German man Horst, and slowed down a bit to run with him; till around 4:25/km and talking as we ran. From park to home at 4:29/km.

Despite not being fully recovered from self-inflicted injury, I am pleased that I was able to pretty much do the session I had planned.

No comments: