Friday, September 16, 2005

Friday AM, a little bit of speedwork

A normal steady run for the most part. I ran up to Komazawa park at about 5:00 min/km pace, had an emergency pit stop, then ran up to the start line. Then ran two laps where the first 1600m was at about 3:50/km pace (6:06 & 6:04). Completed the rest of the third lap and ran home for just over 14 km total. Average pace for the whole run was 4:39. Would have done more reps of the 1600 m interval except I have to teach the second half of the presentation w/shop today, so needed to stay reasonably fresh.

1 comment:

Stephen Lacey said...

Hi GG, I haven't really used any single program since my first marathon, for which I prepared using a Hal Higdon Advanced with a few modifications. Now I just put together my own program that fits where I'm at and with my lifestyle constraints and so on. I really like do McMillan's approach and knowledge though. He is a student of some of the best and has added some of his own interpretations. So if he has a program that looks like it would suit you, I'd say give it a go.