Friday, September 09, 2005

Fri x 2

Two runs, one blog entry.
AM: 12 km (Home -Komazawa rtn); PM 12 km (2 laps of the Palace + 2 km slow)
AM: 4:20 to 4:30 pace, HR140; PM: 5k@>4:30 pace, 5k@<4:15 pace. No heart rate monitor

Today was my first presentation skills workshop, so I decided to cut the morning run back a little, then perhaps have another run this evening. So the run to Komazawa plus 2 laps was done at a reasonably brisk aerobic pace. Finished feeling fine. After being on my feet all day my legs were feeling a bit tired; in some ways I might have been better off to not run or to just take it very easy. Of course I didn't. I ran the first 5k in a reasonably steady 23:31. But that was after a slowish one to two km start, so I was moving fairly briskly when I hit the start line the second time. The second lap was 21:01, faster than 4:15/km. I actually finished feeling pretty tired. Nipples bled. Ran another very slow 2 km to try and cool down properly. I'm now sitting in my office en route home and I feel shagged. Left achilles is quite sore. I don't know if I'll run in the morning or what. Normally I'd do a hill workout, but now...

No comments: