Saturday, September 24, 2005

Saturday recovery in the rain

Run type: Recovery
Distance: 10.7k
Pace: 4:43/km
No heart monitor
Week to date: 76 km

Would have liked to get out for a steady 20k today, but it was pouring rain when I woke up early. Finally it eased up and I decided to go, but I'd lost time as I was supposed to be going out with Chiemi to look at a prospective apartment at 9:00. So I headed off at 7:30 for about 10k. Decided to do my old Tamagawa Dori loop. It was a little bit late at 7:30 so stop-start with traffic. Should have just run to Kompar. Generally felt to be running easy to slow, though picked it up a little over the last 2 km. I was surprised to see the average pace that fast. I'd have thought maybe 4:55 to 5:05/k.

So later we had a look at an apartment. The building is only a few doors up from where we live, but is only about 5 years old. It is really nicely designed with an interesting layout and lots of nice features. Good aspect on the ninth floor, bright and with good views, but a little pokey in the living area and short on storage space. I think it would hold its value pretty well and go well if the market takes off, but it would be tight for a family of five...

No comments: