Thursday, August 18, 2005

Wed PM - Lark in the Park

Run type: steady aerobic, target HR 155
distance: 18 km
Time: 1:27:37
Average pace: 4:52 (4:32 when in HR zone)
Cumulative weekly km: 40.1

The usual Wednesday routine. Meet at the sento (public bath house) to change and leave our clothes, then run to Yoyogi Park at warm up pace before finally getting into some kind of a pace run. This time the target was about 4:30 pace and heart rate in the mid 150s. That is pretty much how it panned out. I did six Fulton laps (1.94km/lap) at that pace, seven altogether. Then jogged back to the sento. Temperature was warmish, but humidity slightly lower than it has been. Pretty tough run actually. After the run, the usual catching up over a few Yona Yona ales.

3 comments:

Carolyne said...

I love reading your blog, now that you have 'outed' yourself!

Keep running and keep it up.

Cheers

Unknown said...

I often wondered what you looked like, etc. etc., Steve; now all is revealed....well, almost all! "Born under a camphor laurel tree beside Bilambil Creek"...true?

Stephen Lacey said...

Thank you carolyne and luckylegs for your warm welcomes.

Well Luckylegs, I was perhaps not literally born under a camphor laurel tree, but as a metaphor it succinctly sums up my childhood up to age 12. I don't know if you know where Bilambil is; it is a little valley outside Tweed Heads. I spent my childhood roaming barefoot through the valley and the hills, fishing and swimming in the creek. I was really born in Southport Hospital, mere spitting distance from the start line of Gold Coast Marathon.
Steve