Thursday, January 11, 2007

Medium long upper aerobic

Tonight 21.7 km
Week: 43.7 km
Average HR: 77% of HRmax

Since I can't do speedwork, long, hard aerobic stuff is the next best thing. So tonight it was into Yoyogi park and after 5 km of warming up at around 5:00/km pace, I got stuck into an upper aerobic workout: 15 km at heart rate close to 80 of HRmax. It went well. It involved seven laps of 1.9 km each plus 1.3 km to make up the 15 km. The average per km pace of the laps was: 4:23, 4:21, 4:20, 4:20, 4:16, 4:14, 4:12, 4:12 . The average heart rate of the last few laps was about 84%. My leg hurt a bit, but nothing unbearable or lasting. Thanks Adam and Stuart for the company, not that there was a whole lot of talking by about the third lap.

4 comments:

Tesso said...

To me that pace would be "speed work"!

Clairie said...

I like the consistency in your pacing Stephen. Wish I could learn to steady myself like that!

A good solid workout for the mid week and you say you still can't do speed heh....bah who needs it!

Ewen said...

Although I don't advise mugs like us to duplicate the training of the elite, there are quite a few examples of this method.

I remember Wolfgang Krüger saying he wasn't doing intervals because of his dodgy achilles (at the time of his winning half at Lane Cove), just faster paced runs.

2P said...

What Tesso said...

And no CR cap inthe photos yesterday???

Nice work mate - hope that leg holds up.