Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Run to the park run three laps and run back home again

Despite a slightly late night last night (11:30) I got up at 5:30 and hit the tarmac. It ended up being a "hard aerobic, bordering sometimes on lactic threshold" run. You know the type? The 4k to the park was just steady aerobic, but then for the laps I tried to crank it up. This is where it is hard to choose a perceived effort for the half because I felt like I was really putting in hard with my legs, and going fast, but a) my breathing was still in control, and b) The pace was actually not fast at all...I mean 4:10/k or so with heart rate below 160. So I'm not sure if that is just an early morning, not warmed up enough thing or what. Into the second lap I definitely got the pace down closer to 4:00/k AND definitely saw my breathing take off. So that seems to suggest I am playing around on the lactic threshold at around 4:05/km. That is equal to about an 86-minute half. So, I'll stick to my original prediction of 87+/- 1; I think 2P will lose his chocolate frog. Kind though his prediction was.

I liked GoGirls countdown timer...except for the advertising. So I went off in search of one for myself. It's a bit plain, and the time base is screwed up so you have to set the target date a day later than it actually is (and it will probably still be wrong for a few hours every day).

2 comments:

2P said...

I like the timer - I have one on one of my webages but it is far from perfect and it wont fit in the sidebar of my blog.

As for the prediction - I'll stick with it ;-)

Tesso said...

Hey, cute timer!

Thanks for the grammar lesson :-) Believe it or not I was corrected, or should I say incorrected, the other way recently when I used 'me' in the same context. I thought I was right. Well, I thought me was right :-)

I think I'll go now ....