Saturday, January 21, 2006

yuki futeru


One point Japanese lesson: yuki means "snow". futeru means "is falling" (as in rain snow, hail).

So when we woke up this morning, that was what was happening. We usually only get snow once or twice a year in Tokyo, so it is always a novelty. Anyway it is a good excuse to rest the leg and other ailments. So, no run today.

I just realized the unintentional pun in the title of my last post. Whoa should have been woe, but the misspelling suggested I was giving a command to stop. And that also matched pretty well the contents of the post.

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Wow, great pic Steve. I think I'll look at it again next time I come in from a hot sweaty run.

2P said...

Doesn't look that yukki to me ;-)

Katie said...

Wow!!! So different to when we were there a few months ago!! I agree that is definate doona weather!!! I am not going to complain about the heat... because I don't think I would venture very far in those temps. Thanks for the nice compliment... I don't think I would go as far as to say on fire :-)
I think hip/glute probs are catching at the moment- I hope it sorts it self out.

Stephen Lacey said...

I'll give you yukki Mr 2p!

It is a bit like my naughty brother. I'll give you one guess at how he pronounces the city/surname Fukuoka...