Friday, January 13, 2006

Oh my God, Stephen, Where are Your Pants!?

I was going to run home from work last night and then do the return journey this morning. I went into the bathroom and started changing quickly. Work strides off and hung up, tie and business shirt off and hung up, heart rate band on, long sleeve shirt on, T-shirt over the longie, cap, now, where are my pants?  Bloody Hell...somehow they didn't make their way into the bag. I could almost see myself putting them in, but no, they definitely were not there. So reverse the process, strides back on, shirt, tie, etc etc, and sulked off to the train. My boss tried to suggest I should have run in the nude, but he obviously hasn't heard of brass monkeys...

So I had to wake up early this morning and ran up to Komazawa. Gee, it was almost identical to Tuesday, last Saturday and last Wednesday. Three laps, 14 km all up. The heart rates were a bit better than Tuesday and the overall pace marginally the fastest of all these comparable runs. So slowly, slowly catchee (brass) monkey.

I had a fairly short sleep, largely because I was up getting the ADSL set up. The computer stuff was easy as, but it took a bit of time sorting out where everything was going to go. Gee, I hate all those cables. It does come with a wireless optin from the modem, so I'll get that installed soon. And then the good wife wanted to sit up in bed catching up on her email. Understandable as she has been totally without since the 20th of December. At least I've had access at work.

My foot has improved a bit more and I completely re-laced my new shoes, so I think, fingers crossed, the worst is over.

Coming up Sunday is the Shibuya Ekiden. The exciting part will be that CoolRunner Michael from Kingscliff, in Japan on holiday with his family, will be joining one of our masters teams. We are looking for a Namban clean sweep of the masters podium, and with his help we might actually give it a nudge. Especially if no other teams turn up!

3 comments:

Tesso said...

It would've been worse if you got to work in your running gear and had no work daks .... or would it :-)

Good luck on Sunday. How exciting, a visiting Aussie CR. Piccies are a must!

Katie said...

hahahah running in the middle of winter without your pants... that would be fun :-0

2P said...

Glad to hear the foot is getting better.

LOL not that it's a competition but I can top your story - I did the reverse once except somehow due to a brain freeze I ran to work without my backpack!!!! i.e. I had nuffin - I had to bludge $20 from a workmate and head to the local Vinnies :-) That was in 1997 - I still wear the tie I brought that day :-)