Monday, January 23, 2006

Tagged by Kit

Rats, just got tagged by Kit. You can't tag that many people in return can you Kit? Well, I suppose you just did.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was midway through my 10 years at State Forests of NSW Research Division. I was doing research into soil erosion on logging tracks. How much washes off and where it goes (Answer: a lot, but it doesn't go far). I think it was about this time that I also had some acting management responsibilities for the native forests research group. I was also experiencing the joys of having a young family in Sydney and struggling making do on a single public servant income -- the boys would have been aged 5, 3, and 1!!  That was a struggle we never really won (hence we are now in Japan). I was not running.

2. Five snacks I enjoy?
Almost any kind of nuts, potato or corn chips (especially if guacomale is involved), peanut butter and golden syrup sandwich, cheesecake! (OK, and sometimes I like fruit, but it has a hard job competing with those, you have to admit)

3. Five songs I know all the words to?
Hotel California (it was a long time ago), Glomph Went the Little Green Frog, Octopuses Garden  (high school review), Advance Australia Fair (but not the second chorus), Waltzing Matilda

4. Five things I would do if I was a millionaire?
Maintain a house both in Australia and Japan. That's it. There would be no cash left after that -- and it would still require a couple of mortgages!  Well, assuming we are just talking about an overly ample unspecified sum of money such as you never have to work again, then of course I'd make sure my parents and my wife's parents were set up, plus help out the siblings and the kids' educations. Let's call that one thing: look after the family. For the others, if we are just talking about me, me, me things, I'd definitely want a home in the country furnished with beautiful wooden furniture,  I'd probably keep some animals (preferably of the scaled or feathered kind, but maybe also a big old dog), I'd do some adventure trips, and finally I would want to do something philanthropic like promoting environmentally sustainable technologies or helping with income self-sufficiency projects in disadvantaged communities/countries.

5. Five things I like doing?
Running and blogging about running, brewing and drinking craft beer (and sake, and...), learning about wood and quality wood furniture (a recent obsession), cooking, spending time with close friends (preferably over a nice meal or in a rotenburo/outdoor hotspring)

6. Five toys?
Polar 410 Heart Rate Monitor (thanks Pete), Creative MuVo MP3 player, Fuji FinePix Camera, My Mama Chari, er, er...not much else, my son's chess set...(he finally beat me again last night after my long winning streak).

I don't tag anybody because Kit tagged enough for all of us. Well, OK, maybe I would tag Mika_t if she is looking in.


1 comment:

Katie said...

Ooops! I just went with the theme of 5! haha I am bit slow :-)

I like this tag- its good to get a little sneak peak at whats going on other than training!

that run in the snow would have been so cool ( soory about the pun!). I have just no idea of how cold that would be... lots of layers I am guessing!