Thursday, January 12, 2006

Yona Yona means "every night"



Tesso asked in response to my last post if Yona Yona is a beer. Indeed it is. It is a Japanese microbrew that has reasonable availability in cans. It is in the American pale ale style, which means it has a distinctive sweetly grapefruity flavour from Cascade hops balanced by bold maltiness and assertive bitterness. It is the Namban beer of choice. Here you can see a few of us enjoying a can or three at our recent end-of-year party (bonnenkai)

rats...that photo is not the right one. I tried to swipe it from a friends on-line photo gallery, but it would not grab the right photo. Heer is anothe one I find with Google Image search:

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hahaha - great name for a beer!
I am glad the foot is feeling better.

Stephen Lacey said...

Aaron, I am assuming you mean kanpai (カンパイ!). It just means cheers, as in, "Cheers, Big Ears!" Another handy term is iki, which when repeated over and over is the same as "scull, scull, scull". Fortunately I have outgrown any need for this word ;-)