Sunday, October 14, 2007

News items

A few things I have been meaning to mention:
  • Got news last week that I got selected in the lottery for the Tokyo Marathon in February. Guess I'll have to run the bastard now.
  • The family & I will be in Australia, mainly Sydney, Newcastle and Coffs Harbour from Dec 28 to Jan 13.
  • If I haven't already mentioned it, Tatsuya has decided he'll come back to live in Japan next year. He's had his ups and downs, but basically decided that he'll be more comfortable living with his own family and completing school in the Japanese system. He has got a lot out of his time there and definitely picked up some Aussie ways, like the impulsive crew cut at the brandishing of a set of clippers when on holidays at the rellies.

3 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Yes, Steve you can't pass up that. The only downside for me in last years race was the start and the baggage claim. But they should be able to sort that out this time and what are the chances it will be 3 degrees and pouring at the start this time?

That is a perfect time to visit Australia. A run with the Sydney striders would be good in leui of a nice scenic 10K race.

As for Tatsuya, he really has your presence. I can understand why he would want to be close to youse all here. Perhaps you should have been more of a bastard if you wanted him to stay away ;)

plu said...

Well done with the marathon. I will keep track of your movements in January - I will be at Avoca.

cheers PLu

Unknown said...

Stephen, thank you so much for your support & comments on my "big" effort in Melbourne!

I started some easy walk/jog today...no trouble so the diagnosis could be a good one...slight muscle tear, but still keep moving .... the last bit was good to hear!

Nice to know you'll be in Sydney later in the year. Is the Southern Highlands on your itinerary??