So, it was a strange old week of mixed fortunes, some of which I mentioned in the last post. But leading with the positives:
- The two niggle/injuries in my right leg have cleared right up
- Despite a cold, the funeral, and a typhoon on Friday/Saturday, I managed to log 118 km
- I had one very good quality speed workout, and another OK one (on a treadmill)
- Logged a reasonable long run yesterday
- In a pique of optimism yesterday afternoon bought some racing shoes (Tarther Duel LT)
- Having cut out grog, coffee (mostly) and sweets and chips (mostly), my weight has dipped below 70 kg, actually it was 68 yesterday after the long run and 69 this morning before brekkie.
- I somehow feel I am on the verge of peaking and being in pretty good shape for a good marathon. If only all the news was good.
Mon: 8 km easy
Tue: 16 km lower aerobic @ 4:40/km
Wed: 17 km easy + 4 x 1600 m (6:06, 6:07, 5:54, 6:04) with 400 m recovery
Thur: 12 km following hill program on treadmill. Bloody tough! HRav=146!
Fri: 15 km three laps of the palace: easy, easy/lower, lower/upper
Sat: 12 km on treadmill (typhoon day), attempted tempo run, but treadmill max pace 16 km/h (3:45 min/km) did not get my heart rate up to threshold values. Highest it got was low 150s...puh!
Sun: 37 km seven laps of the Palace + 2km easy jog before and after. First four laps easy, around 5:00/km or a bit slower, then three at increased pace, around 4:40. These hurt a bit.
Week: 118 km
MTD: 453 km
(now 463 ... can he make 500 for October?)