Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Struck down

Cough! Cough! Cough! Hack! Hack Hack, blurrgh, wheeze, splurrt, blech.

There ain't going to be any running this week, except maybe on Sunday. A few of us are entered in a local ekiden somewhere in the Tokyo 'burbs. Until then I'm lying low and trying to stop hacking up bogeys as big as the S.S. f***ing Titanic (RIP, Pete & Dud). Went to the quack this morning. He reckons its only viral, so no magic antibiotics :-(   But it is actually refreshing to find a Japanese doctor who does not hand out antbiotics like lollies. Instead he hands out other drugs like lollies. Let's hope they work.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Totally gross! Now I feel sick.

Stephen Lacey said...

Thanks team. Sorry Tesso, didn't mean to gross anybody out. But here is something even more unpleasant. I have tried taking garlic to ward off the evil lurgie, two cloves last night, but now I just smell evil and still have the lurgie. Working from home today to minimize the risk of a workplace homicide. I think I'm on the mend though.