Sunday, April 23, 2006

East Japan Half Scuppered

A strange week. Having my mate come to visit threw a slight curve ball to Tuesday and Wednesday training, but then I was also catching the same cold that has been ravaging family and work colleagues. As a result, I just kept missing one day after another. On Friday I actually felt strangely light-headed even though I didn't otherwise feel particularly bad from the cold. Yesterday was a bit better, and I got out for a light run of about 11 km.

I still felt congested and horrible with a continuing slight sore throat last night. I had a chat with Gareth on the phone and he was feeling similarly negative about fronting up for the half today, so we decided to pull the pin. We will probably meet up for a much gentler effort in Yoyogi. Hopefully this cold will lift in the next day or two and I'll be able to get back to training with a slight speed emphasis again. It will probably take a week of light running just to get back to where I was.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Bugger about the cold, bummer about missing the race. Is there another one you can go in soon?

Rachel said...

Bugger about the cold, bummer about missing the race. Is there another one you can go in soon?

2P said...

Yeah - what Rachel said!

Hope you are feeling more spritely soon ;-)