Friday, December 02, 2005

Blog embellishments

I've been spending too much time exploring some of the rapid new developments of the web lately: RSS aggregation services, podcasting, Google maps and its offshoots. As a result, I added some buttons in the right side bar to make it easier to subscribe to this blog. One very interesting blog to add to your feeds is Google Map Mania, a blog that keeps a close eye on developments in the world of Google mapping and the mushrooming world of people hacking up their own applications with the Google Maps API. They recently announced a widget for Frappr that lets you put a little mini Google Map on your web site. So I tried it in the side bar, and hey presto! It is not centred properly and for some reason editing the latitude and longitude has no effect, so drag it to the right until you see the little pin. That's the Yoyogi Park Sunday run meeting spot. Kewl huh!

3 comments:

Tesso said...

That Frappr map looks great - gonna have to investigate it, and Google Map Mania.

Argh! More time sitting at the PC!!!

Speaking of web developments a friend was telling me yesterday about "second world". I was thinking maybe that's one way I could become a really really fast runner :-)

Unknown said...

Gee, I wish I understood all those tricky things, Steven! Seeing as I love all gadgets great & small, I must look into them.

Hope you & family have a happy Christmas.... a white one?

Stephen Lacey said...

Thank you lucklegs. We will try to have a nice Xmas. At least it is a Sunday this year. We are moving into our new apartment on the 21st, so won't be very settled. I doubt it will eb a white Xmas, but you never know. It has been very chilly lately and they said we might get a bit of snow here in Tokyo. It rarely lasts more than a day or so.