Friday, April 27, 2007

New On-line Running Log

I started using an on-line log called Breaking the Tape. It has the advantage of being able to generate scripts to show various kinds of summaries of your accumulated data. An example of which is shown over there in the side bar. Does multi-sport workouts too, so might interest the triathletes.

My one point of discontent is that I emailed the owners to find out if there was a way of importing all my old data from Excel, after appropriate layout formatting of course, and so far haven't heard anything.

Edit: I wasn't sure if it would work, but I dropped some of the script (a script for generating a summary of the last three workouts) directly into the body of a post. It didn't work in preview mode, but did work after publishing ... as you can see below. Nice.

Edit: But having trouble customising the script ... caveat emptor

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the looks of it, Stephen. Nice style...like my running! (Joke!)

Ewen said...

I'm a bit worried about that lifetime running total of 59.6k. No wonder you struggle to break 3 hours.

The state of the nation is a bit slower. Something to do with beer making and drinking replacing training sessions.

Samurai Running said...

Hey Stephen

Glad you're well. I was thinking about a comment you made on my blog about thinking that your PBs might be behind you.

As you seem to have a pretty scientific approach to your running and training and, of course, you know yourself better than anybody, except maybe that guy who tried to sell you shoes,I don't doubt you have reasons to think that.

Still if you have time let us know more of "the reasons" cause by what I've seen and read I reckon you have some more PBs in you.

2P said...

Hmm might have to check that site out... thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Robert Song said...

Hope Breaking the Tape have a better backup procedures than you had Stephen ;-)