Wednesday, February 14, 2007

For the benefit of Clairie the Running Fairy

The start time is 9:10 am EJT

9:10 am EJT = 10:10 AEST (Qld?) = 11:10 AEST +1:00 (NSW, Vic daylight savings time).

Actually, it has been rumoured that during the race there will be a way on the Japanese web site to input a person's name or number and get updates on their progress every 5 km. If I get a more detailed "How to", I will try to post it.

To keep you amused in the meantime, here is the course.

See those little hills at the end in the profile? They are bridges associated with the dreary reclaimed harbour land. I hate them. I loathe them. I am going to kill those bastards. I am going to destroy them. They will crumble beneath my size 28.5 cm Asics Gelfeathers. Mere pimples on the backside of a stoat. That's all they are.

That's all for now. As you were.

4 comments:

2P said...

Not hills at all really - your goosebumps before the race will be bigger than those insignificant blips.

Just don't go too hard downslope at the start.

Tesso said...

So that's Saturday isn't it? Or maybe I shouldn't be so lazy and check out the website.

Either Saturday or Sunday we will just be finishing our post run brekky and so will raise a (piece of) toast :-)

Pete said...

Steve-

I believe that you are physically, mentally, spiritually, and carnally ready for this race. You will crush it. I will enjoy charting your progress.

Pete

Ewen said...

15 metre hills! They're just oversized speedbumps. Looks like a fast course.

Is that 11:10am Saturday? 残念, my Japanese ain't so good.