Friday, July 28, 2006

Vicarious running

Look what I missed out on last Sunday because of this darned knee! But on the other hand, had I attended I wouldn't have had lunch with the lovely Sally and her hubby, Steve (and Colin and Gareth). Sally is the younger sister of Tracey, my bestest friend and neighbour from high school. Sally blames me for her strong association with Japan. After I came back from my working holiday in the late 80s, apparently I met at some point and encouraged her to do likewise. She did (and studies Japanese at university). Now she works for Austrade and is the Australian consul in Sapporo!

Answers to a couple of questions in comments
GoGirl: Has the heat subsided a bit yet?
Me: Actually, it is a weird summer so far. We had a few days of proper scorching weather at about the right time. That was two weeks ago. Since then we have had overcast skies almost constantly and comfortable mid to high 20 temperatures. But very, very humid. So even if it feels a little cool, it doesn't take much to break into a sweat. August is usually the hottest month, so we are not out of the woods yet.

Tesso: Have you seen anyone (eg physio) about it?
Me: Um, no, not yet. I know I should, but physios are way expensive here (>$110/visit) and also it is hard to find time. It is strictly a running injury with no real pain at other times. So rest and self-treatment, which does seem to be working, is the current approach. I am also thinking of visiting an accupuncturist!

1 comment:

Tesso said...

$100 - crikey!!! Yep, I'd be doing the self treatment thing too.