Sunday, July 02, 2006

Low-key week and time for a stocktake

Today marks the end of one of my worst running weeks in quite a while...if you measure in total distance and number of runs. There was no particular reason except, oh, the Socceroos keeping me up late one night, too much work on Friday, and today I went off to judge in a home brewing competition (more about this in a separate post soon). I did fit in a 22 km long run in the heat yesterday morning plus two other runs (Wednesday night 14k and Thursday night 12k). With the heat and humidity really setting in now there is not much for it but to slow down and just keep grinding out the sessions. Anyway, I ended up with 48 km from the three runs. Being the end of June, it is useful to do a quick look over the year to date:
Jan: 309
Feb: 210
Mar: 340
Apr: 210
May: 292
June: 241
Total to end June: 1601 km

Races run include:

Jan 15: Shibuya ekiden: Our masters team came second while the other Namban masters came first
Feb 05: Kanagawa half: PB of 82:55 (net time; 83:10 I think was the gun time)
Feb 19: Ome Marathon: Fantastic 30 km race run on Gareth's card...mainly paced Mika and enjoyed the run.
Mar 12: Ohyama Tozan: The 9 km race up a sigmoidal growth curve before the bit where it turns over.
Mar 21: Tamako ekiden: Just a good day out with the club -- no team prizes or personal glory to speak of.
Apr 02: Ome 30km Trail run: First off-road run of any kind. Just over 3 hours and very satisfying run over a rugged course.
Apr 30: Inagi ekiden: My masters team won our division.
May 27: Nippon Koei ekiden: My team came  5th and I got the prize for 2nd fastest overall
My 28: Arakawa ekiden:  Good day out with the club -- no team prizes or personal glory to speak of. Muddy handover area.
Jun 04: Great Nosh Run (15 km off-road run in Sydney): 72:46 ...I think about 40th overall (as sung out as we crossed the line)

I'm pretty happy with this. A good mix of runs done for the experience and a few hard competitive efforts. This is far more races than I have ever run in the first half of the year, mainly because I managed to keep full-scale injury at bay this year, though I have been carrying niggles in the left leg. Who said age shall not weary them?

1 comment:

2P said...

Doesn't look to shabby to me ;-)