Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Dabbling with the dark side


I'm thinking of running this race (July 2). It would be my first ultra, though it just barely qualifies, and would certainly be a tough trail run. look at that 1000 m ascent from 10 to 15 k! The organisers provide a 12-hr time limit to finish (a bit generous); last year's male winner got there in 4 hours 11 minutes.

I wonder if the Great Nosh Footrace in Sydney on June 4 will be an adequate preparation? Or perhaps during my stay in Coffs harbour later in the week I will get my four-wheel driving brother to take me out the back of Coramba to run up a few fire trails...can you tell I'm looking forward to the trip?

3 comments:

2P said...

How very Sixfootesq of you Steve ;-)

Rachel said...

Ooh, what a challenging little run. How many k's is it?

Stephen Lacey said...

G'day rachel. 43.86 km it says there on the horizontal scale...as I said, ultra, but only just.