Saturday, May 20, 2006

Cyclone Season

Yep, it has started already and is killing people in China. Although we call them typhoons. And with the big typhoon near China, the weather here is alternately wet and hot and humid. Today was hot and humid's turn.

I got up early and did much the same workout as last week. Run to Komazawa and 10 by two-minutes hard with one-minute jog recovery. It went a little bit better than last week I think, although I was flagging by the end with the extra heat. Bloody watch re-set itself on the first rep, but at least I could use it for the rest. I think I averaged about 0.54 km for the 2-minutes reps compared to 0.52 or 0.53 last week.

So, 14 km all up, 54 for the week. Twenty-six tomorrow would give me another week of 80...just the thing for a 5-k training schedule!

Good luck all running the Sydney half tomorrow, and please all send good vibes to my friend  Satohi, who is running Toya-ko in Hokkaido tomorrow trying to get under 3:30 to qualify for Tokyo Women's International. Go Satohi-san!!

1 comment:

Tesso said...

Gee, it doesn't seem all that long ago that it was freezing over there.

There was a guy running in Warwick who had an Ekiden t-shirt on in on event. I memorised the name of it just to tell you ... but have since forgotten.