Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Wed AM

Run type: Lower aerobic
Distance: 18.35 km (to and from Komazawa Park and five laps)
Average pace: 4:33/km
Heart rate: 140ish
Weather: Fine and snappy (12)
Sleep: six hours

Leg felt a little better, but still quite uncomfortable. Heart rate monitor played up a fair bit. I think I need to get a smaller strap to make it tighter.

The run went better than expected I suppose given the leg. I got up to and under 4:20 pace for a fair whack of the middle section of the run, including most of the way home from the park.

I might run again tonight, not very long but a bit harder if the leg feels OK, and if it doesn't I'll just run very easily to try and earn a sento (hot bath).

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Gee, 'sento' sounds so much more relaxing that 'bath' :-)

Stephen Lacey said...

...a sento is a public bath. It really is relaxing and soothing and cleansing and wonderful and social all at the same time. Everybody has to try it at least once. Sento is a hangover from when many Japanese houses/apartments had no bath. Today they are dying out, to the dismay of many.

mika t. said...

Thanks for running with me and making me do an extra lap of tempo run. Hope you had a good rest on Thursday.