Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Tuesday after the Sunday two days before

Sunday's run was pretty hard. Or so my left hamstring seems to think. Actually, every other part of my body feels fine. No calf tightness, no residual tenderness in the quads. Just the re-emergence of that bloody hamstring pain.

I set off this morning and the grabbing pain almost made me turn around and go home. But I pressed on slowly. Stopped and stretched my calves (not the hamstring itself) and carried on, but with revised ambitions. The pain did not get worse and gradually improved a little as it warmed up. I eventually ran 11 km at 5:30/km and heart rate mostly in the mid to low 120s. More than I expected in that first few minutes, but less than I would have liked. Back to taking it day by day.

1 comment:

2P said...

The rest won't do you any harm the way you have been training lately.

Still a few weeks till the big event - plenty of time.