Wednesday, December 28, 2005

10k at the Palace

This is just a short entry to confirm that I did manage that end-of-year run with Gareth at the palace last night. We were also joined by French Martin and Japanese Terry. It was, as we intended, pretty slow. Something like 28 minutes for the first lap and 24 something for the second. And it was quite an effort to come under the 5 min/km pace for the second lap. We enjoyed a couple of beers afterwards and a curry. My throat felt quite rough through the night and I went to go to the doctor this morning on the way to work only to find the bugger has shut up shop until the 5th of January. So will most of Japan, but he is a day or two earlier than most. Our company shuts up from tomorrow and we had a little party in the office this aftrnoon, and then a lot of people went straight back to their workstations...typical. I'm off home. There are technical diffciulties preventing us from getting on-line in our new apartment. Most annoying and frustrating, but this means I'll be completely off-line for days. Mount up ye splendid Inbox. Ahh shit, I just realized, I won't be able to keep track of the cricket <sigh>...I will have to find consolation in a bottle of sake or three. Signing off for now...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  あけましておめでとうございます!

5 comments:

Katie said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR steve!!! Enjoy the sake! I look forward to reading all your running efforts next year! It was very exciting following your marathon... whats next???

Tesso said...

Oh no, completely off line for days. We'll miss ya!

Hope you have a fantastic 2006 full of great running and great brewing too.

Clairie said...

Happy New Year to you!!

Hope you have a great one and hurry back on line with some more great advice and training summaries.

:)
clairie

zihuatanejo said...

Hi Steve sensei...

It's been a long time, I think.
Thanks a lot 2005, I really appresiate everything for running. Please to meet you a new year 2006 too.

Have a happy new year,

Your friend Satohi

Stephen Lacey said...

Thanks Guys,

I'm kind of in the middle of a run at the moment...New Years Eve! I ran from home into the office (8k), hence email access, and will run home again. Time for a quick post and clearing the 40-odd emails from the inbox.

Hope everyone has a great party tonight and a wonderful 2006!