Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Twiddling of thumbs

No run today.

It is amazing how easy it can be to talk yourself out of a run when there is no particular race goal or training objective. But when you are in full-on final stages of marathon training and running pretty well, the reverse is true and it is so difficult to convince yourself to take a day off. So I feel quite anxious and niggly about not running today, but just have to accept that it is for the best.

I am resting to give the left leg a chance to do some more healing. I know that it won't be cured in a day, but it might get back to where it was a week or so ago when it didn't feel like such a threat. My hope would be that I can come back by doing a sequence of fairly hard, long runs every two days or so interspersed with rest and easy days. So the aim tomorrow will be a half marathon at 4:00 pace!! Leg willing.

2 comments:

Tesso said...

Oh no. First me, then Kit, now you. Team J are falling apart! Hopefully a day or two of rest and you'll be fine.

At least your thumbs are getting a workout ;-)

2P said...

Ain't it the truth - minds are bloody fickle things. I learned a great technique early this year called "quietning the voice in your head". When ever that little voice of doubt or anxiety hits I now say back to it "thanks for sharing, but I really need to concentrate on something else right now".

Works for me - good luck with the recovery.