Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sunday Too Far

Run type: Long
Distance: 28.7 km
Time 2:37:14 (5:29/km avg)
Weekly Cumulative: 96.4 km
Temperature: 31 degrees!

The long runs seem to be getting harder, not easier. I suppose the temperature has a lot to do with it, but despite the 31 degrees, there was lower humidity than last week and a pretty good breeze. Still, the running was hard. Basically not much to say except that I ground out 11 hard laps of Yoyogi Park, plus a little backtrack leg to meet up with Colin after the fourth lap. Had one lap down as slow as 6:07/km, but the majority were around 5:15 to 5:35/km. I'm still waiting for this break in the weather.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Stephen.
Mu husband and I will be visiting Japan for 3 weeks in November... I can't wait! Maby we could catch up for a run? My email is katierowell@hotmail.com
Where about in Tokyo do you live?
running in 30C heat... yuck!
Kit

Stephen Lacey said...

Hi Kit,

That will be great to catch up with you in November. We are always having visitors come run with us in the park or track workouts and so on. There is a marathon and 10k race on the 23rd November that our club will attend in numbers. It is a few hours north of Tokyo. You might want to think about joining if it fits your schedule. Anyway, best email me and we can coordinate something..

Cheers,

Steve

CJ said...

Hi Stephen - reading about running in 30 degree temperatures - in my dreams at the moment! Here in Canberra at the moment we're lucky if it hits 13*!

Stephen Lacey said...

I'll trade you this 31 for your 13!!! But it's funny...last winter was long and cold, and I was hanging out for some warm weather. Now it's the reverse. There is no doubt the spring and autumn are perfect times of year here.